MaxBotix MB7138 XL-TrashSonar-WRM
- Product ID: 8473
- MPN: MB7138
Features of the weather resistant MB7138, XL-TrashSonar-WRM, include centimeter resolution, short to mid distance detection, range information from 20cm to 350cm to the target with the largest acoustic return, a 6.7Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB7138 from the XL-TrashSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The XL-TrashSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7138 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7139 is the base level version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 6.67Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outpus: Analog Voltage, Pulse Width, RS232 serial
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +65˚C (-40˚F to +149˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical pipe fittings for easy mounting
- Maximum range of 350 cm (138 inches)
- Additional stability filter rejects occasional anomalous readings
- Detects the largest signal return in the field of view
- Uses the complete dynamic range of the sensor, if no large targets are present the sensor will select the next smallest target in view
- Can be used to range large objects behind small obstructions
- Mid-range, narrow detection zone
Volume Pricing (100 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.