Give your project a voice! Designed by Parallax in conjunction with Grand Idea Studio, the Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module is a multi-language voice synthesizer that converts a stream of digital text into natural sounding speech. Its simple command-based interface makes it easy to integrate into any embedded system. It is by far the best sounding, easiest-to-use TTS module we've ever seen!
- High-quality speech synthesis for English and Spanish languages
- Nine pre-defined voice styles comprising male, female, and child
- Dynamic control of speech and voice characteristics, including pitch, speaking rate, and word emphasis
- Industry-standard DECtalk text-to-speech synthesizer engine (5.0.E1)
- Reading Internet-based data streams (such as e-mails or Twitter feeds)
- Conveying status or sensor results from robots, scientific equipment, or industrial machinery
- Language learning or speech aids for educational environments
This video by Hack-a-Week TV shows a great example of it working with an Arduino. Creator Joe Grand also has A bunch of youtube video showing off the advanced feature-set!
- Single row, 6-pin, 0.1² header for easy connection to a host system
- Power requirements: +5 VDC, 30 mA idle, 46-220 mA active (depending on speech parameters and output load)
- Communication: Asynchronous 9600 bps serial (8N1)
- Dimensions: 1.25" W x 1.5" L x 0.37" H (3.17 W x 3.81 L x 0.94 H cm)
- Operating temperature: -20 to +70 °C (-4 to +158 °F)
- Weight: 6.97g
Downloads & Resources:
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Parallax products click here.