Electron Cellular IoT Kit - 2G Global
- Product ID: 2768
- MPN: ADA3233
The Electron is a small cellular IoT board made by Particle. This tiny development kit has everything you need for creating 2G cellular connected products. Includes a prepaid, no contract data plan and instant web access to your Electron with wireless programming.
- Particle SIM card with service in more than 100 countries worldwide
- 3 months of Particle's 1MB monthly data plan (delivered by email)
- Antenna x 1
- 2000mAh battery x 1
- USB cable x 1
- Half-size breadboard x 1
The Electron kit also includes Particle's development tools and access to a cloud platform for managing and updating your new connected hardware.
GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz for use in all regions of the World.
Please note that the Electron is a GSM-only device, and does not support CDMA networks. Many global carriers are planning to sunset their 2G networks beginning as soon as late 2016 and early 2017, so please confirm continued 2G service with your local carrier. We recommend 3G Electrons for anyone concerned about long-term cellular support in their home country. 2G Electrons will not work in Japan, where 2G networks have already been discontinued.
3G Americas/Aus version also available here.
- STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller
- 1MB Flash, 128K RAM
- Cellular modem: U-Blox SARA G-series (2G)
- 36 pins total: 28 GPIOs (D0-D13, A0-A13), plus TX/RX, 2 GNDs, VIN, VBAT, WKP, 3V3, RST
- Board dimensions: 2.0" x 0.8" x 0.3" (0.5" including headers)
Click these links for all Particle product Troubleshooting: