Why measure EC (Electrical Conductivity) ? The salinity of the soil, irrigation water systems or fertilizer solutions is an important parameter affecting the root zone environment of plants. Any of these factors can have a significant effect on plant growth and quality. The presence of high salt levels is your warning sign to make adjustments. Low-salt levels could lead to nutrient deficiencies. Don’t wait for trouble, measure before the damage shows in your plants. In terms of liquid, we often use the reciprocal of resistance, which is conductance, as a measurement. The conductivity of water can reflect the level of electrolytes present in the water. Depending on the concentration of the electrolyte, the conductivity of the aqueous solution is different.
This Analog EC Meter is unique. It is designed specially for Arduino controllers and has built-in simple, convenient and practical features. After simple connections according to our diagram and uploading the program, you will be able to measure the EC value easily.
To ease the difficulty of using this sensor, a Gravity Interface is adapted to allow plug&play. The Arduino IO expansion shield is the best match for this senor connecting to your Arduino.
- Water quality monitoring.
- Hydroponic & Aquaponic.
- Operating Voltage: +5.00 V
- PCB Size: 45 × 32mm(1.77x1.26")
- Measuring Range: 1ms/cm -- 20ms/cm
- Operating Temperature: 5 - 40 ℃
- Accuracy: < ±10% F.S (using Arduino 10 bits ADC)
- PH2.0 Interface (3-pin SMD)
- Conductivity Electrode (Electrode Constant K = 1,BNC connector)
- Cable Length of the Electrode: about 60cm(23.62")
- DS18B20 Temperature Sensor(Waterproof)
- Power Indicator
- Conductivity Electrode (BNC Connector) x1
- EC Meter Circuit Board x1
- Analog cable x1
- DS18B20 Temperature Sensor (waterproof) x1
- Terminal Sensor Adapter x1
- Digital cable x1
- Conductivity Standard Solution (1413us/cm and 12.88ms/cm) x1
Project 1. Build KnowFlow: automatic water monitor
KnowFlow is the name of this water quality monitoring device, based on Arduino Uno. It can automatically monitor 5 parameters of water: pH, Temperature, Dissolved Oxygen, Electronic Conductivity, ORP.
- Central Control Unit: Arduino Uno (DFRobot Bluno in this case) and Expansion Shield (DFRobot Expansion Shield V7.1 in this case)
- Water Sensors: pH (pH probe and pH circuit board); EC (EC probe and EC circuit board); ORP (ORP probe and ORP circuit board); Temperature (temperature probe and temperature circuit board); Dissolved Oxygen (DO probe, BNC and circuit board); real time clock circuit board
- Data Storage: Micro-SD module, Micro SD card
- Fit and fix: mounting plate, water proof box( 200mm_150mm_75mm), water proof joint
- Other parts: Cables (Wires), bread board, bolts and nuts, screws, battery, double-sided adhesive, write on tape, small wrench, spiral cable wrap