The Raspberry Pi Debug Probe is based on the Raspberry Pi Pico hardware design and runs the open-source Raspberry Pi Picoprobe software. Updating the firmware is accomplished in the same way as on a Raspberry Pi Pico, so it is straightforward to keep the unit up to date with the latest Picoprobe firmware, or to use a custom firmware.
While it has been designed primarily for use with Raspberry Pi debug targets, the Debug Probe provides standard CMSIS-DAP debug and UART interfaces over USB; it can therefore be used to debug other targets, or simply as a cost-effective USB-to-UART cable.
The Raspberry Pi Debug Probe is provided as a kit, containing the probe hardware in a plastic case, and a set of cables: a USB cable, and three different types of debug cable to cover the vast majority of use cases.
Raspberry Pi Debug Probe Specifications
- Dimensions (case): 59mm x 18mm x 8mm
- Debug Connector: 3-pin debug connector, 2.54mm pitch
- Processor serial debug interface: ARM Serial Wire Debug (SWD) interface (by default)
- UART interface: Standard 3.3V UART interface
- USB bus power: 5V, up to 500mA
- Debug target power: 3.3V, up to 150mA
- Operating Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.25V
- Maximum SWD Clock Speed: 10MHz
- Maximum UART Baud Rate: 921,600bps
- Maximum Cable Length: 3m
- Firmware: Raspberry Pi Picoprobe open-source firmware, which can be updated over USB
- Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux (with appropriate drivers)
- Supported Debuggers:
- Arm Development Studio
- Keil µVision
- IAR Embedded Workbench
- GDB (through arm-none-eabi-gdb or gdb-multiarch)
- Visual Studio Code (through the Cortex-Debug extension)
About Raspberry Pi
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based charity that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We do this so that more people are able to harness the power of computing and digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Know more about Raspberry Pi
Logo and Trademark belong to Raspberry Pi Foundation
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.