The Medical and Health Internet-in-a-Box (IIAB) South Asia Edition is a complete single-board computer with a Wi-Fi hotspot and enables content distribution in places where access to the Internet is limited, not affordable, controlled or simply unavailable. Within a range of 50 to 100 meters, up to 32 people can connect to the device with a mobile phone or computer and access or download its content: Wikipedia slices, medical and health knowledge, videos and books. It also functions as a mini app store in that you can download and install a number of offline apps. IIAB does not offer a connection to the Internet or to content beyond that in the Box itself.
The 32GB microSD card (included) is packed with content:
- Full Wikipedia in 23 languages: Assamese, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Doteli, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Pashto, Persian, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Sinhalese, Tamil, Telugu, Tulu, and Urdu
- Wikipedia Medical Encyclopedia in English and Farsi
- The Global Emergency Medicine Wiki - English
- 1,000+ HealthPhone Health and Nutrition Videos across 22 languages: Assamese, Bengali, English, Garo, Gondi, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Khasi, Korku, Kokana, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Mizo, Oriya, Pawri, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu
- 47 HealthPhone Nutrition Mobile Apps across 18 languages: Assamese, Bengali, English, Garo, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Khasi, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Mizo, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu
- Children for Health's 100 Health Messages in 5 languages
IIAB is powered by the new Raspberry Pi Zero W
with a microSD card slot, a mini HDMI port, two micro USB ports (one for power, one for USB), and 512MB of RAM. It has a single-core 1 GHz processor chip.
At a minimum, we recommend the following accessories:
- A good quality 5V power adapter – A 5V 2A with cable this will allow you to power the IIAB from a wall adapter. It is not suggested to power the IIAB from a computer USB port as the voltage often sags and can cause SD card corruption!
- A good quality 5V power supply – A 5,000 mAh battery bank
Please note: Some boards are made in the UK, some in China.
Product Dimensions: 79mm x 38mm x 15mm / 3.1" x 1.5" x 0.59"