This is the Stainless Steel Temperature Probe, a tough little Vernier Sensor that can be used to measure the temperature of organic liquids and even salt solutions, acids, and bases (just don’t mix the last two). This sensor probe can be used the same as almost any other thermometer for experiments and in a multitude of fields like chemistry, biology, earth science, and more.
Each sensor probe has a temperature range of -40 to 135°C (–40 to 275°F). Make sure not to use this probe in situations where the temperature is 150°C, this is the maximum temperature the probe can tolerate without damage.
Vernier Software and Technology has been a leader in data collection and analysis for educators world-wide. They were amongst the first companies to design and promote the use of computers, sensors, and data collection in K-12 classroom laboratory experiments.
Note: Due to manufacturer’s restrictions, we can only ship these to the USA. Sorry world!
- Temperature Range: –40 to 135°C (–40 to 275°F)
- Maximum Temperature: 150°C (302°F)
- Temperature sensor: 20 kΩ NTC Thermistor
- Accuracy: ±0.2°C at 0°C, ±0.5°C at 100°C
- Response time (time for 90% change in reading):
- 10 seconds (in water, with stirring)
- 90 seconds (in moving air)
- 400 seconds (in still air)