The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit (SIK) is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the Arduino programming language. The SIK includes everything you need to complete 16 circuits that will teach you how to read sensors, display information on an LCD, drive motors, and more. You don’t need any previous programming or electronics experience to use this kit. The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for beginners ages 10 and up.
The full-color SIK Guidebook (included) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong.
Note: The mold used to create our SIK carrying cases broke during their last production when it moved from China to the United States. Therefore, all units of the SIK Special Edition will not have a the normal carrying case when you receive them, but instead one of our tried and true red boxes at a reduced price. Unfortunately, we have run out of our alloted amount of cases that we can send out after the fact. This version of the Special Edition SIK will NOT include a black carrying case and it will not be sent afterward. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, we hope to have our regular SIK back as soon as possible.
- Circuit 1: Blinking an LED
- Circuit 2: Reading a Potentiometer
- Circuit 3: Driving and RGB LED
- Circuit 4: Driving Multiple LEDs
- Circuit 5: Push Buttons
- Circuit 6: Reading a Photo Resistor
- Circuit 7: Reading a Temperature Sensor
- Circuit 8: Driving a Servo Motor
- Circuit 9: Using a Flex Sensor
- Circuit 10: Reading a Soft Potentiometer
- Circuit 11: Using a Buzzer
- Circuit 12: Driving a Motor
- Circuit 13: Using Relays
- Circuit 14: Using a Shift Register
- Circuit 15: Using an LCD
- Circuit 16: Simon Says