MaxBotix MB7780 4-20SC-MaxSonar-WRI
- Product ID: 8459
- MPN: MB7780
Features of the weather resistant MB7780, 4-20SC-MaxSonar-WRI, include reduced impact of condensation and frost when ran continuously in closed or high-moisture environments, millimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 500mm to 5000mm for the nearest detectable target, a 0.6Hz read rate, and the industry standard 20-4mA output where 20mA is minimum range and 4mA is maximum range.
The MB7780 from the 4-20SC-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The 4-20SC-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7780 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7760 inverted output, 4-20mA, version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of ~1.6mm
- Analog current output of 4-20mA
- 0.60Hz read rate
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS compliant
- CE compliant
- Internal or external temperature compensation
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50cm typically range as 50cm
- Maximum Range of 5-meters (196 inches)
- Operates from 10V-32VDC
- <40mA average current requirement
- Small, light‑weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Available in multiple housing and threading types: 3/4 inch NPS, 1 inch NPS, 1 inch BSPP, 30mm1.5
- Long, narrow detection zone
- Base sensor that is great for application testing
- 20mA is the minimum reported range and 4mA is maximum reported range
Retail Price: $199.95
Volume Pricing (100 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.