The Raspberry Pi 4 is the most power packed and faster board released by Raspberry Pi. It is powered by a more powerful processor BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz by Broadcom which offers 3x more performance compared to its previous generations and comes with an option to choose from 2GB, 4GB and 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM variants.
Well well ..! we are not finish yet, this tiny powerful desktop computer supports Dual 4K Displays (2 × micro-HDMI ports), built in Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac) and Bluetooth 5.0 BLE, Gigabit Ethernet , 2 x USB 3.0 ports and 2 x USB 2.0 ports and much more.
For complete tech specs please refer Technical Specification section.
Raspberry Pi boards never ceases to amaze, wether you use it as a desktop computer, a robots brain, industrial automation, IoT hub and much more.
All this is possible because of programming in multiple languages, flexibility and easy to access its 40 pin GPIOs for hardware developers, innovators and educators. So it doesn’t matter wether you are a parent, student, beginner or a DIYer, it’s for everyone.
You may also refer Raspberry Pi learning resources.
Just like any other computer you need some accessories.
You will need
- USB-C 5V 3A Power Supply - Official Power Supply
- Micro SD card with Raspberry Pi OS installed. Pre-installed micro SD card or you can install using Raspberry Pi Imager
- Raspberry Pi Keyboard & Mouse
- Micro HDMi to standard HDMI cable - Raspberry Pi Micro HDMI cable
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 2GB, 4GB or 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (depending on model)
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
- Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
- 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.0
- Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
- 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 50 degrees C ambient
ABOUT RASPBERRY PI
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based charity that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We do this so that more people are able to harness the power of computing and digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Know more about Raspberry Pi
Logo and Trademark belong to Raspberry Pi Foundation